Friday 4 January 2008

WHAT ABOUT TODAY'S ETHNIC PRACTITIONERS?

Apart from the goal of attracting more members of the ethnic minorities into the PR industry, I feel it is important to encourage those currently working in the industry. It gives me great pleasure to speak with and since I have started operating this URL I have tried to speak with as many ethnic practitioners as possible. Some have given me some ideas as to how they feel their rarity can be preserved. Below are some recommendations -

1) make diversity recruitment & retention part of the institution’s objectives
2) educate supervisors and employees about fostering good working relationships with everyone in the company, including ethnicl practitioners

I think it is fair to say that their longevity and visibility in the industry can only help reduce this trend of under-representation.

No comments: